This User agreement is a financial services and an end-user license agreement between you (GANJI BORROWER OR LENDER) and GANJI PAYMENTS LIMITED (platform provider). Ganji is a peer to peer mobile application which gives credit advances to borrowers and provides an investment platform to lenders.
Intellectual property rights
You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the App and the Technology belong to GANJI PAYMENTS LIMITED, that rights in the App are licensed (not sold) to you, and that you have no rights in, or to, the App or the Technology other than the right to use each of them in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. You acknowledge that you have no right to have access to the App in source-code form.
The maximum credit limit of this advance will vary by the individual borrower’s credit score and repayment history, among other factors determined by our decisioning module algorithm. Charges associated with the Credit Advance include the interest, which typically varies between 5-20% of the advance amount per 10, 20 or 30-day advance period, as well as any associated telecom network distribution costs which are paid by the borrower directly to the telecom.
The recipient is then required to pay back the Credit Advance plus an interest on the total amount according to the repayment schedule specified at the time of the credit advance offer. The terms of each Credit Advance, including the amount of the advance, repayment schedule, applied interest, and other associated fees which will be displayed with the Credit Advance offer.
By accepting Ganji Credit Advance, you acknowledge that you have read, agree with and accept all of the Terms and Conditions, including the following statement:
“I authorize Ganji Payments Limited to access any information available to assess my application, and also give permission to Ganji payments Limited to register details of the conduct of my account with a registered Credit Bureau, and I waive any claim I may have against Ganji payments Limited or its affiliates in respect of such disclosure. I authorize Ganji payments Limited to access my credit history from a registered credit bureau.”
Definition and interpretation
Terms used in this agreement will have the following meaning;
1. Agreement means this Agreement
2. Account means your loan account with Ganji payments Limited
3. Business Day means a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or national or public holiday in the Republic of Kenya
4. Credentials means your personal credentials used to access the App and operate your Account
5. Borrower means person or entity that obtains funds from Ganji payments limited for a specified period of time upon condition of promising to repay the loan.
6. Lender means an organization or individual that lends money to borrowers on the Ganji payments limited platform.
7. Credit Reference Bureau means a credit reference bureau duly licensed under the Banking Act pursuant to the Banking (Credit Reference Bureau) Regulations, 2013, as amended, revised or promulgated from time to time, to inter alia, collect and facilitate the sharing of customer credit information.
8. E-Money means the electronic monetary value depicted in your Mobile Money Account representing an equal amount of cash
9. Force Majeure means events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control of Ganji payments limited making Ganji payments Limited’s performance of its obligations inadvisable, commercially impracticable, illegal, or impossible, including but not limited to acts of God, war, strikes or labor disputes, embargoes or government orders
10. Loan means the principal amount of the loan made or to be made by Ganji payments limited to you under this Agreement from time to time through the App or (as the context requires) the principal amount outstanding for the time being of that loan.
11. Mobile Money Account means your mobile money store of value, being the record maintained by Mobile Money Providers in Kenya of the amount of E-Money from time to time held by you in the Mobile Money Provider’s System
12. Mobile Money means the money transfer and payments service operated by the Mobile Money Providers in Kenya
13. Mobile Network Operator means a mobile network operator in Kenya registered with the Communications Authority of Kenya
14. Mobile Money Provider means a Mobile Network Operator that has been duly authorized by the Central Bank of Kenya under applicable law to offer Mobile Money Services in Kenya
15. Mobile Money Service means the money transfer and payments service provided by the Mobile Money Providers through the Mobile Money System
16. Mobile Money System means the system operated by the Mobile Money Providers in Kenya for the provision of the Mobile Money Service
17. Network means a mobile cellular network operated by a Mobile Network Operator
19. SMS means a short message service consisting of a text message transmitted from your mobile phone to another
20. Transaction Fees includes any fees and charges payable for the use of the Services as published by Ganji payments limited on Ganji payments Limited’s website or by such other means as Ganji payments limited shall in its sole discretion determine. Transaction Fees are subject to change at any time at Ganji payments Limited’s sole discretion.
21. We/us means Ganji payments limited.
22. SIM Card means the subscriber identity module which when used with the appropriate mobile phone handset enables you to access the Network and to use the Mobile Money Account.
23. Request means a request or instruction received by Ganji payments limited from you or purportedly from you through the Network and the System and upon which Ganji payments limited is authorized to act.
24. Equipment includes your mobile phone handset, SIM Card and/or other equipment which when used together enables you to access the Network
25. Telecom means Telecommunications Company.
In addition to the above definitions, unless the context requires otherwise, the singular shall include the plural and vice versa; a reference to any one gender, whether masculine, feminine or neuter, includes the other two; all the headings, subheadings and bullet points in this Agreement are for convenience only and are not to be taken into account for the purposes of interpreting it; the recitals and schedules shall be deemed to form part of this Agreement.
Acceptance of terms and conditions
1) You must carefully read and understand the Terms and Conditions set out in this Agreement and as amended from time to time by Ganji payments limited before downloading or streaming the App or opening an account with Ganji payments limited which will govern the use and operation of the App and the Account.
2) After downloading the App, you will be deemed to accept the Terms and Conditions upon clicking the “Accept” option on Ganji payments Limited’s System asking you to confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to abide by the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions please click the “Decline” option in Ganji payments Limited’s System. Please note that you will not be able to access the Services if you decline the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions, we will not license the App to you.
3) By downloading the App and opening an Account with Ganji payments limited, you agree to comply with and be bound by the Terms and Conditions governing the operation of the Account and you affirm that the Terms and Conditions herein are without prejudice to any other right that Ganji payments limited may have with respect to the Account in law or otherwise.
4) These Terms and Conditions may be amended or varied by Ganji payments limited from time to time and the continued use of the Services constitutes your agreement to be bound by the terms of any such amendment or variation. Ganji payments limited will take all reasonable measures to notify you of any changes.
5) From time to time updates to the App may be issued through the website. Depending on the update, you may not be able to use the Services until you have downloaded or streamed the latest version of the App and accepted any new terms and conditions.
6) By using the App or any of the Services, you consent to us collecting and using technical information about the Equipment and related software, hardware and peripherals for Services that are internet-based or wireless to improve our products and to provide any Services to you. If you use these Services, you consent to us and our affiliates’ and licensees’ transmission, collection, retention, maintenance, processing and use of your data to determine our credit scoring services or to improve our Services and/or your experience while using the App.
Grant and scope of license
1) In consideration of you agreeing to abide by the terms of this Agreement, we grant you a non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the App on your Equipment, subject to these Terms and Conditions. We reserve all other rights. Except as expressly set out in this Agreement or as permitted by any local law, you agree.
2) Not to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the App.
3) Not to make alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of the App, or permit the App or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs
4) Not to disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App or attempt to do any such thing except to the extent that such actions cannot be prohibited because they are essential for the purpose of achieving inter-operability of the App with another software program, and provided that
5) The information obtained by you during such activities is not unnecessarily disclosed or communicated without our prior written consent to any third party; and is not used to create any software that is substantially similar to the App.
6) you include our copyright notice on all entire and partial copies you make of the App on any medium; not to provide or otherwise make available the App in whole or in part (including object and source code), in any form to any person without prior written consent from us; and
7) To comply with all technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the App or any Service (the Technology).
Together license restrictions
8) You must not use the App or any Service in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with this Agreement, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, including viruses, or harmful data, into the App, any Service or any operating system
9) You must not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the App or any Service, including the submission of any material (to the extent that such use is not licensed by this Agreement)
10) You must not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the App or any Service
11) You must not use the App or any Service in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users
12) You must not collect or harvest any information or data from any Service or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any Service.
Together acceptable use restrictions
13) You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the App and the Technology anywhere in the world belong to us or our licensors, that rights in the App are licensed (not sold) to you, and that you have no rights in, or to, the App or the Technology other than the right to use each of them in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. You acknowledge that you have no right to have access to the App in source-code form.
14) The Services offered by Ganji payments limited can only be utilized by persons over the age of 18. Ganji payments limited reserves the right to verify the authenticity and status of your Mobile Money Account with the relevant Mobile Money Provider.
15) Ganji payments Limited’s acceptance of your application for an Account will be displayed on the App. You hereby acknowledge and accept that the acceptance by Ganji payments limited of your application for an Account does not create any contractual relationship between you and the Mobile Money Providers beyond the terms and conditions that apply to your Mobile Money Account from time to time.
16) Ganji payments limited reserves the right to decline your application for a loan or to revoke the same at any stage at Ganji payments Limited’s sole and absolute discretion and without assigning any reason or giving any notice thereto.
17) Ganji payments limited reserves the right (in its sole and absolute discretion) to issue, decline to issue a loan and/or vary the terms of any loan depending on its assessment of the credit profile of each individual borrower from time to time. The terms of the loan and the interest rate payable in relation to each loan application will be displayed on the App.
18) You hereby agree and authorize Ganji payments limited to verify information provided by you to Ganji limited against the information held by the Mobile Money Providers in relation to your Mobile Money Account pursuant to the agreement between you and the relevant Mobile Money Provider for the provision of its products and services and the Mobile Money Service.
19) The information that Ganji payments limited may verify against the information held by the Mobile Money Providers includes (without limitation): your phone number, name, date of birth, Identification Number (“ID”) or Passport Number and such other information that will enable Ganji payments limited to identify you and comply with the regulatory “Know Your Customer” requirements (together the “Personal Information”).
20) You hereby agree and authorize Ganji payments limited to verify information including, but not limited to, data relating to your phone (including, without limitation, your phone’s history) from your Equipment, from any SMS sent to you by the Mobile Money Providers and any financial services providers relating to your use of the Mobile Money Service and such other information as Ganji payments limited shall require for purposes of providing you the Services (the “Relevant Information”).
21) You hereby consent to Ganji payments limited verifying the Personal Information and the Relevant Information with the Mobile Money Providers and using of the Personal Information and the Relevant Information to the extent necessary in the opinion of Ganji limited.
22) You hereby agree and authorize Ganji payments limited to obtain and procure your Personal Information and Relevant Information from your respective Mobile Money Provider and you further agree and consent to the disclosure and provision of such Personal Information by the Mobile Money Provider and further to indemnify and hold Ganji payments limited and the Mobile Money Provider harmless with respect to any claims, losses, liabilities and expenses (including legal fees and expenses) that may arise as a result of the disclosure and reliance on such Personal Information and/or Relevant Information.
23) You hereby agree and authorize Ganji payments limited to obtain and procure your Personal Information from the Credit Reference Bureaus and you further agree and consent to the disclosure and provision of such Personal Information by the Credit Reference Bureaus.
24) Ganji payments limited reserves the right to request for further information from you pertaining to your application for an Account at any time. Failure to provide such information within the time required by Ganji payments limited may result in Ganji payments limited declining to accept your application for an Account.
25) Ganji payments limited reserves the right to supply consumer credit information to the Credit Reference Bureaus, and in this regard: you confirm that Ganji payments limited may transmit to the Credit Reference Bureaus data about the App, opening and termination of an Account by you.
26) You acknowledge that information on non-compliance with the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement is transferred to the Credit Reference Bureaus
27) The Credit Reference Bureaus provide a credit profile and possibly credit scores on your credit worthiness, subject to the credit record.
Requests made by the borrower/Lender
28) You hereby irrevocably authorize Ganji payments limited to act on all Requests received by Ganji payments limited from you (or purportedly from you) through the System and to hold you liable in respect thereof. Ganji payments limited may nevertheless refuse to carry out any Requests in its sole and absolute discretion.
29) Subject to its discretion, Ganji payments limited reserves the right to reject any Request in relation to a loan application from you even if you have previously been issued with a loan by Ganji payments limited.
30) Ganji payments limited shall be entitled to accept and to act upon any Request, even if that Request is otherwise for any reason incomplete or ambiguous if, in its absolute discretion, Ganji payments limited believes that it can correct the incomplete or ambiguous information in the Request without any reference to you being necessary.
31) Ganji payments limited shall be deemed to have acted properly and to have fully performed all the obligations owed to you notwithstanding that the Request may have been initiated, sent or otherwise communicated in error or fraudulently, and you shall be bound by any Requests on which Ganji payments limited may act if Ganji payments limited has in good faith acted in the belief that such instructions have been sent by you.
32) Ganji payments limited may, in its absolute discretion, decline to act on or in accordance with the whole or any part of your Request pending further enquiry or further confirmation (whether written or otherwise) from you.
33) You agree to and shall release from and indemnify Ganji payments limited against all claims, losses, damages, costs and expenses howsoever arising in consequence of, or in any way related to Ganji payments limited having acted in accordance with the whole or any part of any of your Requests (or failed to exercise) the discretion conferred upon it.
34) You acknowledge that to the full extent permitted by law Ganji payments limited shall not be liable for any unauthorized drawing, transfer, remittance, disclosure, any activity or any incident on your account by the fact of the knowledge and/or use or manipulation of your Account PIN, password, ID or any means whether or not occasioned by your negligence.
35) Ganji payments limited is authorized to effect such orders in respect of your Account as may be required by any court order or competent authority or agency under the applicable laws.
36) In the event of any conflict between any terms of any Request received by Ganji payments limited from you and this Agreement, this Agreement shall prevail.
Interest and fees
37) The interest payable by you (BORROWER) to Ganji payments limited in relation to any Loan shall be displayed by Ganji payments limited on the App. Ganji payments limited LENDERS shall be entitled to set LOAN REPAYMENT SCHEDULES and charge CORRESPONDING INTEREST. In connection with your use of the Services from time to time Ganji payments limited can amend or vary its Transaction Fees AND INTEREST RATES for the Services. If Ganji payments limited decides to start charging Transaction Fees/interest rates or where already applicable, vary or amend its Transaction Fees/interest rates, the Transaction Fees/interests rates payable on any new application for Services will be displayed on the App. Ganji payments limited will use reasonable endeavors to try notify you of any changes in relation to Transaction Fees/interest rates within a reasonable period before such changes are implemented including displaying notices of the changes on the App or Ganji payments Limited’s website.
38) All payments to be made by you under this Agreement shall be made in full without any set off or counter claim and save in so far as required by the law to the contrary, free and clear of and without any deduction or withholding whatsoever. If you are at any time required to make any deduction or withholding from any payment to Ganji payments limited you shall immediately pay to Ganji payments limited such additional amounts as will result in Ganji payments limited receiving the full amount it would have received had no such deduction or withholding been required.
39) If you fail to make any payments due to Ganji payments limited at the due date for payment, Ganji payments limited will be authorized to apply late fees on such amount loaned to you at a rate to be communicated to you.
40) A statement and activity report in respect of your Account will be made available on Request. Requests shall be made via our e-mail address or via a contact link on the App.
41) The statement on the App shall provide details of the last 4 (four) transactions (or such other number of transactions as determined by Ganji payments limited) in your Account initiated from your Equipment.
42) Your statement will show all amounts added or taken from your Account. You must check your statement carefully and notify Ganji payments limited as soon as possible if it includes any transaction or other entry which appears to you to be wrong or not made in accordance with your instructions.
43) Ganji payments limited reserves the right to rectify discrepancies, add and/or alter the entries in your statements, without prior notice to you. Ganji payments limited will however inform you of any rectification, additions and or alterations effected on your statements within a reasonable time after the changes are effected.
44) You will be notified of all transactions on your Account by way of SMS and the charges for this service will be debited to your Account.
45) Save for a manifest error, a statement issued to you in respect of your Ganji payments limited Account shall be conclusive evidence of the transactions carried out on your Ganji payments limited Account for the period covered in the statement.
46) All payments to be made by you in connection with these Terms and Conditions are calculated without regard to any taxes payable by you. If any taxes are payable in connection with the payment, you must pay Ganji payments limited an additional amount equal to the payment multiplied by the appropriate rate of tax. You must do so at the same time as making the payment.
47) You hereby consent and agree that Ganji payments limited may withhold amounts in your Account if any tax authority requires Ganji payments limited to do so, or Ganji payments limited is otherwise required by law or pursuant to agreements with any tax authority to do so, or if Ganji payments limited needs to comply with internal policies or with any applicable order or sanction of a tax authority.
48) You shall at your own expense provide and maintain in safe and efficient operating order your Equipment necessary for the purpose of accessing the System and the Services.
49) You shall be responsible for ensuring the proper performance of your Equipment. Ganji payments limited shall neither be responsible for any errors or failures caused by any malfunction of your Equipment, and nor shall Ganji payments limited be responsible for any computer virus or related problems that may be associated with the use of the System, the Services and the Equipment. You shall be responsible for charges due to any service provider providing you with connection to the Network and Ganji payments limited shall not be responsible for losses or delays caused by any such service provider.
50) You shall follow all instructions, procedures and terms contained in this Agreement and any document provided by Ganji payments limited concerning the use of the System and the Services.
51) You hereby agree and acknowledge that you shall be solely responsible for the safekeeping and proper use of your Equipment and for keeping your Credentials secret and secure. You shall ensure that your Credentials do not become known or come into possession of any unauthorized person. Ganji payments limited shall not be liable for any disclosure of your Credentials to any third party and you hereby agree to indemnify and hold Ganji payments limited harmless from any losses resulting from any disclosure of your Credentials.
52) You shall take all reasonable precautions to detect any unauthorized use of the System and the Services. To that end, you shall ensure that all communications from Ganji payments limited are examined and checked by you or on your behalf as soon as practicable after receipt by you in such a way that any unauthorized use of and access to the System will be detected. You shall immediately inform Ganji payments limited in the event that;
53) You have reason to believe that your Credentials are or may be known to any person not authorized to know the same and/or have been compromised; and/or
54) You have reason to believe that unauthorized use of the Services has or may have occurred or could occur and a transaction may have been fraudulently input or compromised.
55) You shall at all times follow the security procedures notified to you by Ganji payments limited from time to time or such other procedures as may be applicable to the Services from time to time. You acknowledge that any failure on your part to follow the recommended security procedures may result in a breach of your Account’s confidentiality. In particular, you shall ensure that the Services are not used or Requests are not issued or the relevant functions are not performed by anyone other than a person authorized to do so.
56) You shall not at any time operate or use the Services in any manner that may be prejudicial to Ganji payments limited.
Default on loan
57) An event of default (Event of Default) occurs when you:
58) failure to pay any sum payable for a loan granted under these Terms and Conditions for a period of one hundred and eighty (180) consecutive days unless caused solely by an administrative error or technical problem; are declared bankrupt.
59) At any time after an Event of Default has occurred which is continuing, Ganji payments limited may, without prejudice to any other right or remedy granted to it under any law.
60) terminate this Agreement in accordance with clauses below;
61) declare that the Loan (and all accrued interest and all other amounts outstanding under this Agreement is immediately due and payable, whereupon they shall become immediately due and payable; and
62) Supply information concerning the Event of Default to Credit Reference Bureaus. A copy of any adverse information concerning you sent to a Credit Reference Bureau shall be made available to you upon written request.
Variation and termination
63) Ganji payments limited may at any time, upon notice to you, terminate or vary its business relationship with you and close your Account and in particular but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing Ganji payments limited may cancel credits which it has granted and require the repayment of outstanding debts resulting from such credits within such time as Ganji payments limited may determine.
64) Without prejudice to Ganji payments Limited’s rights, Ganji payments limited may at its sole discretion suspend or close your Account.
65) If you use the Account for unauthorized purposes or where Ganji payments limited detects any abuse/misuse, breach of content, fraud or attempted fraud relating to your use of the Services.
66) if your Account or agreement with a Mobile Network Operator is terminated for whatever reason
67) If Ganji payments limited is required or requested to comply with an order or instruction of or a recommendation from the government, court, regulator or other competent authority.
68) if Ganji payments limited reasonably suspects or believes that you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions (including non-payment of any Loan amount due from you where applicable) which you fail to remedy (if remediable) within 14 days after the service of notice by email, SMS or other electronic means requiring you to do so.
69) Where such a suspension or variation is necessary as a consequence of technical problems or for reasons of safety; to facilitate update or upgrade the contents or functionality of the Services from time to time; where your Account becomes inactive or dormant.
70) if Ganji payments limited decides to suspend or cease the provision of the Services for commercial reasons or for any other reason as it may determine in its absolute discretion; or
71) If you breach any of the License Restrictions or the Acceptable Use Restrictions.
72) If your Account has a credit balance at any time as a result of overpayment of your Loan, you may issue a Request to Ganji payments limited for payment of such credit balance and Ganji payments limited will return any such balance to you, less any applicable fees, provided that such amount falls above the minimum transfer amounts specified by the relevant Mobile Money Provider.
73) Termination shall however not affect any accrued rights and liabilities of either party.
74) If Ganji payments limited receives notice of your demise, Ganji payments limited will not be obliged to allow any operation or withdrawal from your Account by any person except upon production of administration letters from a competent authority or confirmed grant of letters of administration or confirmed grant of probate by your legal representatives duly appointed by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Exclusion of liability
75) Ganji payments limited shall not be responsible for any loss suffered by you should the Services be interfered with or be unavailable by reason of the failure of any of your Equipment, or any other circumstances whatsoever not within Ganji payments Limited’s control including , without limitation, Force Majeure or error, interruption, delay or non- availability of the System, terrorist or any enemy action equipment failure, loss of power, adverse weather or atmospheric conditions, and failure of any public or private telecommunications system.
76) You acknowledge that the App has not been developed to meet your individual requirements, and that it is therefore your responsibility to ensure that the facilities and functions of the App as described meet your requirements.
77) We only supply the App for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the App and Documents for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
78) Ganji payments limited will not be liable for any losses or damage suffered by you as a result of or in connection with:
79) Any defect or fault in the App or any Service resulting from you having altered or modified the App.
80) Any defect or fault in the App resulting from you having used the App in breach of the terms of this Agreement.
81) your breach of any of the License Restrictions or the Acceptable Use Restrictions
82) unavailability of sufficient funds in your Mobile Money Account
83) Failure, malfunction, interruption or unavailability of the System, your Equipment, the Network or a Mobile Money System; the money in your Account being subject to legal process or other encumbrance restricting payments or transfers thereof; your failure to give proper or complete instructions for payments or transfers relating to your Account.
84) any fraudulent or illegal use of the Services, the System and/or your Equipment; or
85) Your failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions and any document or information provided by Ganji payments limited concerning the use of the System and the Services.
86) If for any reason other than a reason mentioned , the Services are interfered with or unavailable, Ganji payments Limited’s sole liability under this Agreement in respect thereof shall be to re-establish the Services as soon as reasonably practicable.
87) Ganji payments limited shall not be liable to you for any interference with or unavailability of the Services, howsoever caused.
88) Under no circumstances shall Ganji payments limited be liable to you for any loss of profit or anticipated savings or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage of whatever kind, howsoever caused, arising out of or in connection with the Services even where the possibility of such loss or damage is notified to Ganji payments limited
89) All warranties and obligations implied by law are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
90) In consideration of Ganji payments limited complying with your instructions or Requests in relation your Account, you undertake to indemnify Ganji payments limited and hold it harmless against any loss, charge, damage, expense, fee or claim which Ganji payments limited suffers or incurs or sustains thereby and you absolve Ganji payments limited from all liability for loss or damage which you may sustain from Ganji payments limited acting on your instructions or requests or in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
91) All demands, claims, actions, losses and damages of whatever nature which may be brought against Ganji payments limited or which it may suffer or incur arising from its acting or not acting on any Request or arising from the malfunction or failure or unavailability of any hardware, software, or equipment, the loss or destruction of any data, power failures, corruption of storage media, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, sabotage, terrorism, any other event beyond Ganji payments Limited’s control, interruption or distortion of communication links or arising from reliance on any person or any incorrect, illegible, incomplete or inaccurate information or data contained in any Request received by Ganji payments limited.
92) Any loss or damage that may arise from your use, misuse, abuse or possession of any third party software, including without limitation, any operating system, browser software or any other software packages or programs.
93) Any unauthorized access to your Account or any breach of security or any destruction or accessing of your data or any destruction or theft of or damage to any of your Equipment.
94) Any loss or damage occasioned by the failure by you to adhere to these Terms and Conditions and/or by supplying of incorrect information or loss or damage occasioned by the failure or unavailability of third party facilities or systems or the inability of a third party to process a transaction or any loss which may be incurred by Ganji payments limited as a consequence of any breach by these Terms and Conditions.
95) Any damages and costs payable to Ganji payments limited in respect of any claims against Ganji payments limited for recompense for loss where the particular circumstance is within your control.
Communication between us
96) If you wish to contact us in writing, or if any condition in these Terms and Conditions requires you to give us notice, you can send this to us by e-mail to email@example.com or to such e-mail address that may be communicated to you from time to time. We will confirm receipt of this by contacting you in writing by e-mail.
97) If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by sms to the mobile phone number or email address you provide to us in your request for the App.
100) You and we agree that neither of us shall have any claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in this Agreement.
101) The Parties shall use their good faith efforts to resolve any dispute, controversy or claim of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in relation to or in connection with this Agreement. To this end, the Parties in dispute shall each promptly appoint representatives of appropriate standing who shall meet and attempt to resolve any dispute between them. In the event that an amicable settlement has not been reached within thirty (30) days of the parties’ representatives meeting as aforesaid, the following provisions of this clause shall apply.
102) Any dispute, difference or question whatsoever and howsoever arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, save as specifically provided herein, shall be referred for final determination to a single arbitrator to be appointed by agreement between the parties hereto or in default of any such agreement within seven (7) days of the notification of any dispute by either party to the other then, upon application by either party, by the Chairman for the time being of the Kenya Branch of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (“Institute”).
103) Such arbitration shall take place in Nairobi and shall be conducted in accordance with the Rules of Arbitration of the Institute.
104) To the extent permissible by law the determination of the arbitrator shall be final and binding upon the Parties and shall not be subject to any appeal.
105) Nothing in this clause 20.2 shall restrict either Party’s freedom to commence legal proceedings of any nature for the purposes of seeking preliminary injunctive relief or interim or conservatory measures from any court of competent jurisdiction pending the final decision or award of any arbitrator.
106) This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Kenya.
If we make any material changes to these terms, we will notify you either through the email address you have provided us, or by placing a prominent notice on our website.
If you have any questions about these terms, please contact us.
Last Updated: July 28, 2018